Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Puerto Rico

We took advantage of memorial day and jumped over to Puerto Rico for the weekend with our friends Amy and Anthony. San Juan is a beautiful city with colonial architecture, great food, and lots of nightlife. Was fun to practice a little bit of Spanish. Despite some rainy weather, we had a ton of fun - diving the first day, an ecotour (kayak and zipline) the second day, and a quick tour of "El Morro," the fantastic fort built in 1539 that guards the harbor, on day three. Of course, we fit some time in for great meals and a fair amount of boozing - it's memorial day weekend, right? For example, did we go to bed after arriving in PR at 11:30 on Friday night? No! We met everyone at the Old Harbor Brewery for several towers of delicious beer until 3, and then rallied for a 6:00 AM dive pickup. Talk about squeezing the most out of a vacation. Amy/Anthony's friend Jose is from PR, and showed us a great time - thanks Jose!!

13 weekends left and counting. Next weekend I'm doing a triathlon here in DC and the following one we're in NYC to see my cousins. So much to do and so little time-

1 comment:

Ezell said...

I would like to get a message to Carla and Bayla. y sister, ALexandra, and I knew them as children in Santa Rosa when we would come to visit my grandmother, Lucile Kelly. My parents, Jean and Milton Zell were very fond of their parents and Carla and Bayla were my favorite visitors at my grandmother's home on Montecito Avenue.