Monday, October 8, 2007

Old Yosemite pics

I don't think I ever posted these pictures - but I found them on my computer and thought they were worth putting up. Right before Nikki and I left for Boston, I was in Mammoth Lakes with my family mountain biking, kayaking, etc - super fun.

On the way home I drove though Yosemite and thought - well, I'm not going to get a chance to see this kind of thing for a while, so I might as well enjoy it! So I threw on my hiking boots and quickly found the highest peak around (Mt Dana) and ran up for a look around. It was a great view and I even saw Mono Lake where we had been kayaking earlier that day. I decided that I needed to do a big hike, so I drove down to Yosemite Valley and spent the night in the car (boxberry, our honda element, is actually pretty comfy!). The next day I got up at dawn and started what ended up being an 18 mile hike. I went up to Yosemite Falls, over to North Dome, out to Indian Hill, and back down in to the head of the Valley. It was great fun, even though I totally exhausted myself!!

Now it's on to smaller (yet still beautiful) peaks in the northeast!

















No comments: