Monday, October 8, 2007

Renaissance Fair

Don't let anyone tell you that Renaissance Fairs are dorky and lame. We just went to one in Connecticut and it was dorky and super fun!! Jason scouted one out for us and Annie, Nikki, Jason and I piled in the car to check it out. They had all kinds of great weapon-related activities, including knife and ax throwing, archery, and sword fighting, as well as some pretty unique food - see the huge turkey legs below! (why is mine so much smaller?) There's also a shot of Nikki and Annie trying on some apparel - I personally would have gone with the studded leather sheath for my bo staff. After drinking a couple bucket-sized cups of lemonade and annoying small children with our acorn-playing abilities, Jason and I were ready to take on a local knight in a swordfighting area called "Smite the Knight." Jason got it started and quickly embarrassed the poor guy in a first to five contest. Then it was my turn. Though I did almost as well as Jason, I did manage to totally destroy my slipper (why do these things happen to me?) and render it unusable. So, I had to walk back though the fair with one shoe, carefully avoiding piles of horse droppings and spilled mead, until we could get back to the car and hit up a TJ max in the area, where I found a pair of women's slippers that would get me home (not too many options on a Sunday afternoon). On the way back, we stopped by a Red Lobster (possibly the only one in the northeast) for some tasty biscuits and all you can eat shrimp. Mmmmm, shrimp and turkey legs, what a day!





















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you cut your hair?!